As a data controller, Montel AS and its affiliates/subsidiaries ("Montel", "we", "us") respect the privacy rights of data subjects and are strongly committed to protecting your privacy. We are responsible for ensuring that we process your data in accordance with applicable privacy laws, including the GDPR.
This privacy notice applies to personal data collected or processed by Montel in connection with the products and services we offer. It contains information about the personal data that we collect about you, how we use your personal data, and your rights as a data subject. If you have additional questions or require more information about our processing activities, do not hesitate to contact us.
This privacy notice applies to the Montel entities that are subject to the GDPR. The controller is the Montel entity that you have a relationship with: Montel AS (Oslo), Montel GmbH (Deizisau), Montel TradeNode AB (Stockholm), Montel Energetika.NET (Ljubljana), Montel-Foreks (Istanbul), price[it] GmbH (Halle/Saale), Data Fabricator GmbH (Norderstedt), Montel Energy Quantified (Oslo).
Montel is a leading information and market data provider for the European energy markets. As part of our business, we will process personal data about the following individuals:
• Contact persons with our customers, suppliers and business partners
• Visitors on our website and our social media profiles
• Individuals who apply for a job at Montel
Below you will find an overview of the purposes for which we typically process personal data, the categories of personal data that we typically process, and our legal basis for it:
1. To establish and manage our customer relationships, we process personal data such as name, position, company name, e-mail address and phone number.
2. To provide our services and products, including customer support, we process personal data such as e-mail address, name, phone number, country of residence, position and company name.
3. To set up and administrate user accounts, such as when you sign up for a free trial on our website, we process personal data such as username and password.
4. To improve and develop our products and services, including our digital services, we process personal data such as name, e-mail address, phone number and information collected in connection with your use of our digital services.
5. To recruit employees, we process personal data such as name, address, e-mail address, phone number, CV, application and certificates that we receive from you, as well as information about you that we receive from references and background checks.
6. To manage relationships with our suppliers and business partners, we process personal data such as name, phone number and e-mail address of the relevant contact person.
7. To communicate with existing and potential customers for sales and marketing purposes (e.g. to send out general and personalized newsletters and event invitations), we process personal data such as name, e-mail address, phone number and information collected in connection with your use of our digital services such as what you have clicked on and visited.
8. To register and evaluate events hosted by Montel, we process personal data such as name, e-mail address and phone number of attendees.
9. To enhance your experience with our digital services, we process information collected in connection with your use of our digital services such as IP addresses.
10. For security purposes, we process information collected in connection with your use of our digital services.
11. To comply with our legal obligations, we process personal data such as name, company name, e-mail address and information collected in connection with your use of our digital services.
12. To communicate with you in social media channels (such as Facebook and LinkedIn), we process personal data such as name, job title, company name and any message content.
We may also collect or receive other categories of data if required to fulfil the purposes listed above.
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 1 and 2 is our legitimate interest in establishing and managing our customer relationships, and providing our products and services.
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 3 is our legitimate interest in delivering our products and services and managing user accounts.
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 4 is our legitimate interest in improving and developing our services and products, or your consent.
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 5 is our legitimate interest in recruiting employees and assessing if you are qualified for the position, and that it is necessary in order to enter into a contract with the applicant (if you are hired).
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 6 is our legitimate interest in managing relationships with our suppliers and business partners.
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 7 is your consent. However, we may also rely on our legitimate interest in marketing our products and services if we have an existing customer relationship with your business. You may at any time withdraw your consent and opt out of marketing communication from us by using the “unsubscribe” feature found in the e-mail communication received from us or by using the “contact” option within the relevant service.
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 8 is our legitimate interest in administrating participant lists for our events and receiving insights and feedback related to the events, or your consent.
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 9 is our legitimate interest in enhancing your user experience and optimizing our digital services.
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 10 is our legitimate interest in ensuring technical security and protection of our systems.
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 11 is our legal obligations (such as obligations relating to bookkeeping and accounting).
The legal basis for processing personal data for purpose 12 is our legitimate interest in communicating with our existing and potential customers through different social media channels.
On a case-by-case basis, we may also use your personal data for certain purposes that is not incompatible with the purpose for which the data was originally collected or received, such as audits, dispute resolution and mergers and acquisitions.
We do not make decisions with legal or similar effects that are fully automated (without human intervention), including profiling of you. We do not sell personal data to any third party.
The personal data that we typically process includes:
• Personal data collected directly or indirectly from you, such as when you sign up for a free trial on our website, register to receive our newsletter or when you use our digital services.
• Personal data collected from other sources, such as from our business partners, via search engines on the Internet (such as Google), public registers or from third parties who perform background checks on our behalf as part of a recruitment process.
We share personal data with our suppliers, such as suppliers of IT services and accounting services for the purposes mentioned above. We will enter into agreements with all relevant suppliers to ensure that they do not process personal data for any other purpose than to provide their services to us.
We may share personal data with other companies within the Montel group to the extent required for internal administrative purposes.
We may also share personal data with certain of our owners, subsidiaries, business partners, customers and suppliers to the extent required for the purposes listed above.
We do not disclose personal data in any other way, except when required to fulfil a legal obligation or when the data subject has given its consent to do so.
We do not transfer personal data to countries outside of the EEA that are not considered by the EU Commission to provide an adequate level of data protection.
We keep your personal data as long as necessary for the purposes listed above. Some of the criteria that we use to determine when to delete your data are:
• We store personal data for as long as required by law (e.g. the Norwegian Bookkeeping Act)
• We store personal data about customers, suppliers and other business partners as long as we have a relationship or an ongoing dialogue with the person or business concerned. We may need to store personal data for a longer period, for example due to complaint and limitation periods.
• We store personal data based on your consent (such as for sending out newsletters and other marketing communication) until you withdraw your consent (unsubscribe).
• We store personal data received in relation to a recruitment process up to 6 months after the recruitment process is completed (but longer if you are hired). We may request the applicant's consent to store the personal data for a longer period.
Securing your personal data is highly important to Montel. Any personal data you provide to us is kept on secure servers. To protect your personal data, we use appropriate technologies and procedures in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR and will review this regularly and update as necessary to meet changes in laws and regulations.
You have several rights as regards the processing of your personal data. Such rights include:
Information. Further information on how we process your personal data.
Access. A copy of the information we have on you.
Rectification. Rectification and completion of the information we have on you.
Erasure. To request erasure of information if there are no legal grounds for processing such information.
Restriction. To ask that we restrict the processing of your information.
Data portability. To ask that your information is transferred to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Objection. To object to our processing of your personal data. You also have the right to object to being subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Please note that these rights are subject to conditions and limitations by law. Please contact us if you would like to exercise your rights or if you would like more information about the conditions/limitations.
If you find that we process your personal data in violation of applicable law, you may file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority. We encourage you to contact us prior to making such complaint, so that we may consider your objection and clarify any misunderstandings.
Social media provides tools and links that we may include on our websites, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. If you chose to use such tools or links, the social media may collect information from your visit on our site. We also have pages on social media, where we provide information about our products and interact with the users. On such social media pages, we may receive anonymised insight, such as statistics about age, sex and location of our users. We may also receive information that you decide to share with us, such as chat, comments and likes.
Your experience on the social media sites will be governed by the privacy and other policies of those sites. The privacy settings you have chosen on those sites will determine the degree to which your information is made public. We encourage you to choose your privacy settings on those sites accordingly. As we are joint controllers with the social media for data processed from your use of social media tools or links on our site, and for aggregated insight that we get from your use of our pages on social media, you may also contact us if you would like to have more information, or if you want to exercise your privacy rights. However, please note that we may not be able to respond to all request, and that we may have to refer you to the social media for further information.
As the recipients mentioned above may be established anywhere in the world, the personal data may be transferred globally. If data originating from the EEA is transferred to countries outside the EEA, we will adopt appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy such as by means of standard agreements and additional safety measures. You may receive a copy of the relevant parts of the agreements by contacting us.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time when deemed necessary by posting revisions on this website. We will notify you if we make significant changes. You will always find the latest version of this privacy notice on our website https://montelgroup.com/privacy-policy.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, so we’ll only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you requested from us. From time to time, we would like to contact you about our products and services, as well as other content that may be of interest to you.
You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
Pictures and videos will be taken by us and others at any of our events. When you participate in our events, you consent to any such filming, photography, and/or live streaming. In case you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, please contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or let us know during the event.
If you have any questions, comments or would like to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com, by post to the address below or by using the “contact” option within the relevant service. We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible and typically within one month at the latest. Address: Montel AS Holbergsgate 1 0166 Oslo Norway.
This privacy notice was last updated: 11.11.2022