This statement was last updated on May 25, 2018
According to EU regulation GDPR, “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Name, email address and phone number make up the personal information Montel uses to provide its services.
It is important that you feel safe in how Montel processes your personal data.
- We do not collect information which is not relevant to deliver our services to you as a customer
- We reserve the right to send relevant information to you by email. This can be a confirmation of your booking or newsletter if you have notified us of this
- Montel does not store credit card numbers or other sensitive payment data. The payment solutions on our web pages are provided by a PCI verified third party where the data is encrypted. We are constantly working to achieve the highest level of security for you as a user but we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide when you are connected to the internet
- We will never sell your personal information to other companies
Montel collects, uses, discloses, transfers and stores personal information to:
- provide our services and products including accounts set-up and administration
- provide support for our services and products
- improve our services and products
- register and evaluate events hosted by Montel and affiliates
- provide you with offers and promotions related to new services, products and events of Montel or other parties you might find interesting
- enhance your experience with this website, including saving your preferences, personalising the service to your needs and log-in information
- Legal obligations. We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud
Sharing of personal information
Securing personal information
Securing your personal data is highly important to Montel. Any personal information you provide to us is kept on secure servers. To protect your personal information, we use appropriate technologies and procedures in accordance to the regulations of GDPR and will review this regularly and update as necessary to meet changes in laws and regulations in the markets we operate in. Personal information is retained for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, including legitimate business reasons, and/or legal and regulatory requirements.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
We respect your right to access and control your information, and upon request we will share, correct or delete personal information if desirable. To opt out of email marketing, you can use the “unsubscribe” link found in the email communication you receive from us or you can use the “contact” option within the relevant service.
This website might install cookies on your computer. Cookies are small files collecting data on the use of the website to gather analytic and usage data and so store and manage user preferences. Our cookies do not collect sensitive data such as your name or address.
If you prefer to block or delete our cookies, you can control that through our cookie control page. Some of the functionality of our website may be lost if you delete all cookies.
Montel may provide links to third-party websites, including those for social networking. Since we do not control third-party sites and are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing any of your information on such sites.